Your Competitive Edge In Real Estate
New York is a competitive real estate market, and you need a legal advocate who not only understands the market but will also represent your best interests throughout your transaction. At Landy Wolf PLLC, our attorneys have decades of experience successfully guiding clients to the legal outcome they are looking for in important real estate investments.
How We Can Help
Real estate is a unique area of law that leaves little room for mistakes. Regulations are subject to constant updates, and timelines tend to be very strict. Given the size and importance of these investments, when drafting real estate documents, you need to make sure they are completed in a timely and accurate manner. We assist clients with a wide range of matters, including:
- Commercial leases – Allow us to either draft or review your lease agreement before your sign. We will help you avoid pitfalls and negotiate the best terms for you.
- Sales and acquisitions – From the beginning of the process to your closing day, we will review every step and represent your interests.
- 1031 exchanges – These transactions allow you to defer capital gains taxes after the sale of certain types of property. They are laden with rules and regulations. Let us make sure everything is handled properly to stay in compliance with the IRS.
- Ancient mortgage conversions – In New York, once a mortgage is 20 years past its due date, the law presumes that the mortgage has been satisfied, even if a lien release was never filed. We can assist you with clearing the title to the property.
- Notice of pendency of action – Also known as a notice of lis pendens, you can file these notices to invoke your lien interest in a piece of property, thus allowing you to proceed to foreclosure, if necessary.
These are just a few examples of the many transactions we regularly work on. Our clients include individuals, owners of small to medium-size businesses and real estate investment firms and brokers. Our attorneys are also seasoned trial lawyers who can represent you in any real estate dispute.
Schedule A Consultation Today
To discover how we can help you successfully navigate your real estate transaction, schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys. You can call our Manhattan office at 332-258-9530 or send us a message online today.