Landy Wolf PLLC Representative Cases
- The acquisition of retail shopping center on the prestigious “Miracle Mile” in Nassau County.
- Negotiating a 10 year triple net lease for a commercial tenant in the Hudson Yards area of New York City.
- Defended commercial landlord in lawsuit for wrongful eviction where the landlord unilaterally changed the locks to the premises. Obtained judgment dismissing complaint by invoking the self-help provision in the lease, and secured six-figure judgment, including recovery of legal fees, against the plaintiff tenant and its principal on counterclaims for breach of lease, breach of guaranty, and theft, among other business torts.
- Represented upscale nightclubs and restaurants in New York’s meatpacking district who were defendants in an action to foreclose on a $750,000 contractor’s lien. David recreated the history of the renovations by analyzing thousands of pages of receipts and invoices, and, after moving for summary judgment, settled the lawsuit for $5,000.
- In a trio of related lawsuits between a general contractor and a condominium sponsor, won an $800,000 judgment against the sponsor, won a judgment of specific performance of a real estate sales contract, and obtained dismissal of sponsor’s lawsuit against the contractor on a pre-answer motion to dismiss.